Beautiful Ladies of Grace Presents:
A New Image of Beauty…
Effortless. Eternal. Inspiring.
B.L.O.G. is always looking for new writers to join our team! You do not have to be a professional, or experienced in the writing field….just Real Women with Real Stories!! We only want writers who line up with our mission and who have a passion for, and love to write…and have a story to tell to empower other women!
We are looking for recipes, ‘How To’s”, Relationship and Marriage Advice, Parenting Tips, and whatever you have experience in, that you would like to share with someone else. You are free to chose your topic each month!
Are you grammatically challenged? Don’t feel intimidated! We have a team of highly skilled editors ready to assist you in formatting and perfecting your article. Upon approval as a writer, you will be matched with your own personal editor who will guide you through the writing process from start to finish, to create a publishable work that is guaranteed to bless and empower others, as well as add to your growing writing portfolio!
New contributors, please submit for consideration:
- Two writing samples (articles between 800-1200 words)
- Headshot (jpg format only)
- Short bio (written in 3rd person)
If you are a regular Contributor for B.L.O.G., here are the requirements for submissions each month:
- Publish new issue first of each month, and consecutive issues every two weeks afterwards
- Articles due: 15th of each month
- Required: Minimum 2 articles due each month (Topics may vary)
PLEASE follow this format for all article submissions:
- YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
- SECTION WHERE YOU WANT YOUR STORY TO APPEAR: e.g. Health & Beauty
- TITLE OF YOUR ARTICLE. Aim for 8 words or fewer
- SUBTITLE OF YOUR ARTICLE. Can be a little longer
- BY: YOUR NAME
- TODAY’S DATE
- BODY OF ARTICLE
- Email all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in subject line: “ARTICLE: NAME OF ARTICLE” or “ARTICLES: YOUR NAME” (if submitting all 3 articles in one email). Articles should be saved individually as Word documents but may be sent as attachments in one email.
More Format Requirements:
- Save each article individually as a separate Microsoft Word document.
- Do NOT paste articles into body of email; must be separately attached in Word document.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Length: No less than 800 words. No more than 1500. The ideal range is 800-1200.
…more info given in Writer’s workshops and upcoming teleconferences
- Run spell check.
- Cite references.
- Write for the web, not for print. Reading on a computer screen can be a strain so make it easy and quick for readers to grasp your story. Write in short paragraphs. Get to your point, and reward the reader with good information. One idea per paragraph.
- It may help to outline your story before writing to keep it on topic and with one main point per paragraph.
- Single space between sentences.
- When calling out words in text, use double quotes instead of single quotes
- Italicize book titles – do not put book titles in quotation marks or all caps or underline
- Keep CAPITALIZED words to a minimum
- Keep bolded words to minimum
- Do not underline words in text
- Spell check your document.
- Do not do more than one of the following at one time: underline, bold, CAP, italicize and put in quotes: “PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!”
- Avoid run-on sentences and long, complex sentences.
- Use active voice versus passive whenever possible. Active voice makes for stronger, more interesting writing and takes fewer words.
Who we are
A New Image of Beauty…
Effortless. Eternal. Inspiring.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
~ 2 Corinthians 12:8-9
What is Grace?
1. Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.
2. A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement.
3. A sense of fitness or propriety.
4. a. A disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill.
b. Mercy; clemency.
5. A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.
6 Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people.
7. The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.
8. An excellence or power granted by God.
The Mission of B.L.O.G. Magazine™ is to create a positive alternative to mainstream magazines for the development of the mind, body and spirit of today’s Christian woman of all ages. Many of these women seek to live and lead a spiritually balanced life, however, are faced with the challenges of the modern world. By focusing on inner beauty, self-worth, life skills, and the development of uplifting interpersonal relationships, B.L.O.G. Magazine™ seeks to empower women to gracefully embrace what it means to be authentically beautiful…from the inside out. Not beauty as defined by society’s standard, but re-defining beauty to include the impact of being a woman of genuine character and integrity, that can inspire and empower the next generation!
B.L.O.G. strives to be an industry leader for the development of inexperienced writers who desire to have their testimonies heard, but have never been given a platform. By offering hands-on mentoring, workshops, and editing assistance, our writers are given the opportunity to be given a voice, recognized as published writers, and create a portfolio of their published work.
B.L.O.G. Writers are real women, with real stories to share.
*B.L.O.G. is a free startup online magazine and currently does not pay nor charge to publish articles.